Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Great Black and White Photographers part 3


When looking at Ralph Eugene Meatyard's photos, the creepy feeling I get when looking at them is what caught my eye. He blurs out he subject or parts of the subject, and it's weird. Meatyard's photos are different and make you feel something, and I really like that about them. 




I see a curious child hurdling off the ledge of a window and towards the ground.
I smell the dried grass littering the floor. 
I hear the sharp intakes of breath as the little boy on the ground witnesses this moment.
I taste the bitter air and dirty red bricks.
I feel the anticipation. Is he going to land safely or fall?




I see a crumbling and peeling wall, no longer new.
I smell the rotting and mug of it's breaking surface.
I hear it cracking and damaging further.
I taste the dirt and ancient substances covering it like a blanket.
I feel it falling apart.




To show the world what an amazingly talented photographer Ralph Eugene Meatyard is I would hang up poster with his pictures on it around town or school, because that would be the easiest way to get his work out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment