Friday, October 3, 2014

Academic Shoot


Balance

I think I followed the balance rule alright. It was just kind of hard to find something to shoot for it. The subject of this photo is the two girls obviously, but to be more specific their hands working on the art project and their faces. Looking at this photo I think it's sort of easy to see what the subject is. 



Framing

I believe that I followed the rule of framing nicely. The subject of this photo is Jamie who's being framed by the bottom of a chair in the library, and i think it's quite evident that she's the center of focus.



Lines


The rule of lines is expressed through the bookshelves and books on the sides and behind Melina. There's so many lines in this photo that lead our focus to Melina and the book she's reading that I think i followed this rule pretty well. It is clear that she's the subject.



Rule of Thirds

In this photo of Emma, the rule of thirds is carried out through her hand color her art piece. I believe the rule of thirds was shown well in this photo, and our eyes are most likely drawn to her hand, aka the subject, before anything else.



Simplicity

The rule of simplicity is easy to follow if you can find the right thing to shoot. I think I displayed the rule alright. I know it's not the most interesting photo, but I like that you can sort of feel the exhaustion the boy has when looking at it. The first thing my eyes go to is the top of his hat and his shoulders, so I guess that's the subject, and I think it's easy to tell.



Merger

This photo is a merger photo, at least I hope it is. I actually really like this photo and I think it's one of my favorites because of all the colors. Normally I don't prefer business, but I like it in this photo. The subject is the girls hand, and I think it's easy to tell.

3 comments:

  1. HEY! I love the way that you did the lines photo, because it perfectly balanced and directed us to the girl as the object of attention. Also the framing, that was a new and cool thing and I wish I had though of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate Ken for finding your blog before me… But I have to agree with him. Your picture covering the rule of lines is great! You effectively placed your subject to have the lines draw my attention towards her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are amazing. I absolutely love every single one of them and I think you captured some really unique things. I especially like your lines picture and think that the lines of the bookshelf directly guided to the main subject. Great job.

    ReplyDelete