Tuesday, April 21, 2015

student of the month story

who- Alissa Lopez
what- winner of student of the month
where- bowie high school
when- month of April
why- recognition for being a positive aspect and contributing to the school's environment
how- nominated/threatened the school









            Freshman Alissa Lopez was recently named Bowie High School’s student of the month as a result of her so-called contribution to the school’s happiness.
            During the interview, Lopez revealed that she might have threatened the school’s administration to earn her title.
            “I’m aggressive, pushy, and a nagger. Overall, I’m a good person for student of the month, I can tell you that,” Lopez said.
            Student of the Month is an outstanding privilege given to students who are involved around campus, and show great academic and leadership qualities.
            “I was just elected Student of the Month because everyone loves me,” Lopez said.
            But this isn’t Lopez’s first time winning Student of the Month; in fact it’s actually her 87th.
            “Winning Student of the Month is a pretty normal thing for me now, so I’m used to it,” Lopez said.
            To become Student of the Month, one must be nominated by their fellow students and teachers, then the administrators will observe the nominated students for a week and decide from there.
            “I didn’t really do anything [to become Student of the month], except for giving everyone shout outs on Twitter,” Lopez said.
            Those who are crowned Student of the Month gain special privileges that the rest of the school doesn’t have in order to encourage students to work hard and aim to achieve.
            “I get every single privilege you can think of. I have people who walk me to class and carry me on a pedestal,” Lopez said.
            Many accomplishments and events that take place during the high school experience lead students towards the title of Student of the month.
            “Being the awesome person that I am, [becoming Student of the Month] just sort of set itself up,” Lopez said.
            However, Student of the Month isn’t just about being recognized for great work, it also comes with many duties and responsibilities.
“[A specific duty that I have as Student of the Month is to] try not to kill people, Lopez said.
            While Student of the Month is a big responsibility and requires lots of dedication towards school, it definitely pays off in the end.

            “You’re a do-gooder and then you get stuff,” Lopez said.

No comments:

Post a Comment